Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hokkaido, Foster City

All you can eat buffets usually suffer from two things: poor quality and that sick feeling when you know you've eaten too much. Hey but today's your lucky day because Hokkaido only offers good quality--I highly doubt that you can stop anyone from getting that feeling of being gluttonous, no matter how many stars a buffet place gets in yelp!

So after my little cousin's (now my godson) confirmation ritual, the Nebres fams head off to an all-you-can-gorge buffet at Hokkaido’s in Foster City. We've been here before and there was probably ten times as more people then there were last time; joint got popular quick!

This place was just full of food, decent food at that. To start off, I indulged in some savory sushi. Had I known that we can waste food and not get charged extra, I would have attempted to fill my plate to my gluttonous heart's content with just fish and that saucy stuff in sushi, so screw the vinegar rice. The Hamachi and Tuna sashimi were okay, but the salmon sashimi was by far the best. I haven't been to a lot of Asian buffets, but the previous that we went to before--sashimi was never on their menu.

Kuya Ryan (my brother) had some weird snail thing and it looked disgusting. I made a lot of gagging noises and I think everyone at the table would have had a better experience if I hadn't. Oh well, sucks for them.

Anyway, this is the place to go for decent buffet style food. Yay for Hokkaido.

No comments: