Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Intramuros

When Katrina and I visited the Philippines in '06, we took a trip with our class to Intramuros, also known as the "Walled City". Just the other day, we ate at the new Intramuros Restaurant in South San Francisco for Katrina's Uncle's 75th Birthday.


I'm not that big on Pilipino Cuisine when it comes to dining out so I have an unrelenting bias towards restaurants that serve anything Pilipino--mainly because I grew up surrounded by family who could whip up a quick Pilipino meal with their eyes closed swimming in a tank of sharks and yes, sea monkeys. As with every Pilipino restaurant out there, Intramuros does not differ. I have yet to be truly wowed.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

"Bangus Belly". I accidentally ate fish bones and I nearly choked.

DSC_4997

"Pancit Bami (Visayan Pancit)". It really should just be called Pancit. Nothing special about this dish except that you're paying for the plating which is not much of a plate either.

DSC_5000

BBQ? I don't know, I don't eat meat anymore.

DSC_4998

Mango Cake. Not sure if its on the menu, but if you want to cop one, it'll probably have to be your birthday. This was probably my favorite dish.

DSC_5084

After pondering long and hard, I still don't know how the hell that place looks like the original Intramuros. I don't know, maybe it has art stuff with architecture? artitecture?

This is a picture of their new "Veranda", where our dinner party was held.

DSC_4968

I give it 3 blue onions.

-a

No comments: